Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Third of 4 Races of The Dopey Challenge



Donald’s Half Marathon

As we were enjoying The Magic Kingdom, there were weather updates that a storm was heading our way and that is may delay or cancel the half marathon. I was certain the race would go on and I was not worried about cancelation. As the day wore on more and more emails came in with updates that RunDisney was monitoring the weather and would update us to how they would handle the race and if they would cancel. I went to bed, I woke through the night a couple of times to thunder and lightening. As my alarm went off I checked to see if it was raining I couldn’t tell so I got dressed. As I was about to drink my coffee, I checked my phone and it was blown up with text messages, emails and Facebook messages. RunDisney had canceled the race due to two weather fronts moving through the area and they wanted to keep the volunteers and the runners safe. As I sat on the couch fully dressed to run 13.1 miles I was disappointed and heart broken. I took a deep breath and started to pray and I heard, “Fear not I am in full control.” I knew God had given me a chance to rest my feet so I could complete my first Marathon the next day. 

I rested, iced and kept my feet elevated all day. I wanted to be ready for the next 26.2 miles.

NEXT: The Longest Race of my Life: Mickey’s Marathon 

No comments:

Post a Comment